As our bodies age, our skin also ages and begins to show changes that may be undesirable. The fat and collagen underlying our skin begins to diminish due to the natural aging process. Therefore, our skin starts to sag and develop wrinkles. Some people turn to dermal fillers as a solution to combat these natural signs of aging.
Dermal fillers are a minimally invasive procedure with little or no recovery time, which costs less then surgery and has minimal risks. Fillers are injected into areas with fine lines and wrinkles to reverse the appearance of aging on the skin. Common applications include lip fillers, cheek fillers, and face fillers to restore lost volume, smooth lines and soften creases, or enhance facial contours.
Cosmetic fillers have become a very popular and trendy way to address the aging process. Fillers can be used to enhance and correct problem areas such as:
- Area around the eyes
- Area around the brows
- Bridge of the nose
- Jaw line
- Lips (to look fuller and younger)
- Scarring from injury to the face
- Scarring from acne
These areas can all be enhanced, rejuvenated, and corrected with dermal fillers. Most filler treatments take less than 30 minutes and only require one office visit. Some patients feel a stinging or burning sensation as the filler is injected but most fillers do not require downtime and results can be immediate.
If you are considering lip fillers or dermal fillers of any kind, let our team help you determine if this is the best treatment for you. Call today to schedule an appointment to discuss your options: Robbinsville location (609) 415-3376 or Somerset location (732) 246-9900.
Post Filler Instructions
- Immediately after the filler treatment, there may be redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness, and/or itching near the injection site. Avoid itching, massaging, or picking around the injection site. This is normal and generally disappears within a few hours to a few days. If these symptoms last more than 3 days, please contact our office.
- We will provide you with an ice pack. You may use Arnica cream OTC as directed to help with bruising. You may take acetaminophen (Tylenol) to reduce any pain as necessary
Within 6 to 10 Hours of Filler Treatment
- Avoid drinking alcohol or partaking in strenuous exercise, as it may result in additional bruising.
- Until the swelling and redness have resolved, avoid intense heat in the treated area(s). This includes sunbathing, tanning, saunas, hot tubs, or hot wax. Also avoid extreme cold such as skiing or other winter sports.
- To help alleviate bruising, we recommend the topical application of Arnica – a natural ointment commonly used to reduce bruising. You can find this in the natural foods section of your grocery store, or at local pharmacies.
- Minimize movement of the treated area(s). However, if there is a visible bump, you can massage the area. Depending on the areas treated and the product used, you may feel “firmness”. These areas will soften and settle with time (usually 1-2 weeks).
- Sunscreen and makeup can be applied, and the area can be gently washed with a gentle cleanser. Dr. Vaidya recommends using a sensitive cleanser such as the EltaMD Foaming Face Wash or Cerave/Cetaphil to avoid additional skin irritation.
Please Contact Us Immediately if You Experience
- Fever and/or chills
- If the area appears red, hot to the touch, and “angry” looking
- Severe pain or increasing pain
- Discolored blotches in areas not injected or blanching of injected areas